Thank you for joining Team Bideawee at the Hamptons Marathon & Half! For more than 114 years, Bideawee has been rescuing animals in need and providing them with shelter, care, love, and permanent homes, but we cannot do it alone. Your support means everything to us, and the animals that rely on us for their continued care.
You have already taken the first step in becoming a champion for animals by creating your fundraising page and pledging to raise $500 for Bideawee! Next you will want to customize your page to make it as personal and compelling as possible.
• Add a Profile Picture: Consider something with your four-legged companion. Make sure the picture is clear, in focus and relevant to your story.
• Tell Your Story: Why are you running on Team Bideawee? Your story is so important! It’s the reason you care about our cause, and the reason others will too! Think about what would be compelling if you were the one reading it, and put your passion into words. You can make it purely person (tell how your life has been impacted by the love of a pet) or you can include statistics like the ones above. The goal is to let donors know why Bideawee’s mission is close to your heart.
• Set a Goal: You’ve agreed to raise $500 in order to run for Team Bideawee, but why stop there! Goals keep you focused and give your donors a clear understanding of what you are trying to achieve. People are more likely to give if they think their donations will have a quantifiable impact.
• Spread the Word: It’s all about SHARING and nothing spreads faster these days than digital content. Engage your friend, fans and followers on social media. Use Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google + and any other digital platform you are active on. Send personal emails to your closest friends and family; ask your nearest and dearest to take up the cause with you! Get people talking about your efforts and your community of support will grow!
• Follow up: Don’t forget to THANK your supporters! Keep them updated on your efforts, give them some online love, and let them know how much their support means to you and to the animals that will benefit from your collective efforts.