It’s the holiday season and gift giving stress has officially begun. Every year we spend so much time and energy (and money!) trying to figure out what to get our partners, family, friends, and coworkers. We stress over how much to give to those in the service industry, our postman or woman, the teachers to our children and the ladies/gentlemen at our nail salons. And in the midst of all that, we’re supposed to think about year-end charitable giving too?? It’s stressful. So many decisions at a time when our minds are already on overdrive.
If I may, I’d like to do my part to make some of this just a bit easier. While I can’t help you decide what to get your mother, I can provide you with a whole list of options that fit everyone’s budget and can have a life-changing impact on homeless dogs and cats – both those who are currently awaiting their forever homes in our shelters, and those that are still waiting to be rescued. Here’s a simple list of how you can help, and the impact your donation can have on animals in need this holiday season.
Bideawee’s Holiday Wish List to Fit Every Budget
- For $1000, you can help us fund a transport, rescuing more than 20 dogs that would otherwise be euthanized, and bringing them to Bideawee where they will be given the care they need to become cherished family pets.
- If you have the heart and time to become a Bideawee volunteer, we want to meet you! Help us walk dogs, socialize cats, clean, help with administrative tasks, promote our adoptable animals, and ultimately give our little ones the best quality of life possible while they await their forever homes! Apply today.
- Do your holiday shopping on Amazon Smile by choosing Bideawee as your charity of choice – do your shopping from the comfort of your home AND have a portion of the sales go back to help homeless pets!
- Consider sponsoring one of our long-stay, special-needs pets, who rely on compassionate individuals like you!
- Adopt a dog or cat this holiday season! While we don’t advocate giving pets as surprise gifts (having a pet is a big responsibility and should always be made by the person who will be caring for that pet), if the decision has been made in advance, a fur-baby is an excellent addition to any home during the holidays! See a current list of available animals.
- Invest in the future of animal rescue by including Bideawee in your estate planning and becoming a member of the Flora Kibbe Society.
- Add an item from our Amazon wish list to your next order! Our animals can always use bedding, toys, and various other items to make sure their stay with us is as comfortable as possible.
- Include a Bideawee animal on your holiday gift list. For most of us, the holidays are a time of celebration, but for so many homeless animals, the holidays are simply another day in search of a full belly, a warm bed, and a loving touch. Your donations will help us continue to care for dogs and cats that find themselves without a home this time of year, and most importantly, will enable us to rescue many, many more. Every little bit counts, make your donation today (And for all you techies out there, we will gladly accept Bitcoins too!)
As always, thank you for everything you do to improve the lives of homeless animals. May you and your loved ones have a very happy holiday season and a healthy and happy new year.